Monday, January 21, 2008

Measly BHK vs kickass penthouse


Getting a gas connection is a pain. Not that I've ever got one, but if I move out of my parents house, and live on my own I'm going to have to. Whatabitch. And these things probably take more than stupidly bleating "bhaiyya ple--e-e-ase". It's paper work -- I hear, and more paperwork, and hefty rishwats -- that I don't like parting with.

Damnit. Who wants to move out.
And if I DO move out, I loose out on a LOT of creature comforts. Like shower curtains. NOBODY I know living alone has shower curtains. I can take my foot scrub with me though.

No fresh fruit juice first thing in the morning if I live alone.

And I'll have to get used to wearing crumpled clothes again. Which won't work because come summer, come Delhi summer, I'll be back to wearing cottony/ linen-y pants, and salwars and kurtas, and all pretty flouncy clothes that hafta hafta be ironed.

So far there's NOTHING going for moving out. Boys and semi debauchery have always been worked around sooo... except for feeling responsible, and grown-up, there's nothing going for moving out. Nevermind getting kick out of doing up 2 ft by 2 ft space with sundry dhurries, and lamps, and midget plants. (And regular curtains.) All of which when people come visit, they'll say "hey, nice" to, and I'll smile, bow and take all the credit for. But being an unhealthy sucker for convenience, I'm here, sinking my teeth into this lovely property. And unless I change my likely to change mind, I'll just have to get my "hey nice" compliments by changing my tastefully shot Facebook pics more often.

6 comments:

Perakath said...

But you have to pay toll tax to come to Dilli from now on! Hence you should move out to save money. My logic is unassailable...

Anonymous said...

um i worked out the gas connection very easily :) call if you do ever get your lazy butt out of your house! :)
um also - lose not loose??
:D

Benny Sumer Yanthan said...

Seriously! Gas connection is a pain. Especially during PMS. Urf!

Perakath said...

Noticed the changes, I did... your ellipsis has only two periods, not three.

Anonymous said...

Did you delete the post you just wrote? It was very good!

Nimpipi said...

i deleted it because the freakin paragraphs were merging, driving me completely batty! oh but thank you:D