Friday, July 22, 2011

Altogether awesome or what?

Email from friend in Ghana that I LOVE and am living vicariously through (also WHO I love and am living vic..). Don't ask me what she's doing there. I'll only say, having a ball. This is the entire mail. (ok, fine, she's visiting for a month on some project or the other.)

had a pretty crazy couple days. got lost, thugged 4 times, rode on a bike between two ghanaians, rode in a taxi with rotting tomatoes, slept in a random hotel, ate weird food, had kids shrieking "bwana" or whatever they call white women - i'm not even white! and got hit on by: 1 policeman who asked me to marry him, 1 random dude in a mall, and a couple that asked for my number and wanted to "be friends" - a COUPLE!
oh, and set up an preliminary inventory system for my rice mill lady - rebecca.
tomorrow i'm going shopping with evelyn, the sister of one of my ghanaian buddies, and then i'm in togo for the weekend.
my life has turned upside down.

8 comments:

Puneet said...

Sounds like fun :)

Anonymous said...

I want to marry her. And I am not white. Or black. Just chocolate brown.

Anonymous said...

just bounced off the lower extreme of "awesome" on that post .. but still subscribed ;)

Anonymous said...

Altogether awesome. I want to marry her.

Miss. Mystic said...

Sounds fun! Ask her to gt you Ghana cocoa butter, its yummy and good for the skin! :)

NdeL said...

I like your new FB profile picture, you look cute:)

P.S. - I'm the Virgo girl who busted your real identity. :D

girl in ghana said...

altogether awesome and all that, yes, but flirting with anonymous is no fun! :) try again boys

Anonymous said...

Hey I am just a new follower... But already in love with your blogs... "NIMPIPI" I even like this one.. :)