Sunday, June 29, 2008

Swaying

Having held out for 20 years, I finally made my peace with butterscotch last night. Or early this morning. Hadn't planned for it to happen, but I was already living an indecisive moment, and the mugginess just egged me on. Eagerly leaned into the ice, inhaled chilly gust and smack! Turns out I've been living a deprived, clueless life with no idea of how much pleasure lay in succumbing to a flavour this crusty.

I also had a fruit knife for company. And a stray thought while slicing ripe mango halves: I don't think I'd be able to live anywhere abroad if I were denied access to langda aam.

All palate pleasing taking place while moving to this song: voice, lilt, lyrics all do phenomenal justice to a five-pints-down state, but she has that capacity to send you week in the knees on a few other occasions as well.

This is me, back home late, perched on the kitchen counter, and enjoying my twenty minutes of quiet sugar. Same spoon, and straight from the pack.


6 comments:

Tys on Ice said...

Life!...and its moments like this tht makes it so special...

enjoy....

El said...

pretty painted nails! had forgotten people still do that, it's usually red so in your face you want to scratch them with it.

Anonymous said...

fantastic!

Brown Girls said...

I have always maintained that the forbidden fruit should have been not the apple but a ripe, luscious, juicy, fragrant mango. No one would have blamed Eve then for transgression. What a Fall it would have been ;)

Mister Crowley said...

You were right about the feed settings. Corrected now.

Scarlet said...

hahaha.... trust you to take this photo..the devoured mango makes me want to go out of office and buy a langda aam right this moment!