1. George Bush. Lindsay Lohan. Dick Cheney. You have to sleep with one, marry one and kill one.
A vague recollection of not-nice news reports on him apart -- and other than that he wears glasses -- I know little about Dick Cheney. Out of ignorance, I have to kill him.
George Bush -- he was in town once and people from my office who met him thought he was funny and not at all dumb because it takes intelligence to crack jokes about yourself. I could marry him. Also, he's so much older, likely to die before me, and since I've been reading articles about how life begins after 50 for women, I could join that club.
I need my peace of mind. No torrid affair. Comfortable is good.
3. What is your drink of choice?
Vodka soda with a green chilli and lemon twist apart, chhas, aam panna, nimbu paani -- lemonade, green tea and cold coffee.
Which reminds me, yesterday, I drank a pomegranate mint mojito at Barista on which you could save Rs 75 by not ordering.
4. Would you rather work an interesting job that was low-paying and be under constant financial duress, or have a comfortable lifestyle with a job that wasn’t very satisfying (but not a nightmare)?
Comfy lifestyle with a job that wasn't very satisfying but not a nightmare. Any other answer would be a lie. Constant financial duress, no.
5. You are boarding a plane tomorrow morning. Where are you going?
To Bombay. To my friend, B. To play the apologetic friend for ditching her. I cancelled our Europe trip. I must make it up to her. Spend time. Make Amby Valley the trade off for Barcelona.
6. What was the last piece of music you purchased?
An Alanis Morissette cassette back in school -- Under Rug Swept.
I don't buy music. Even the music that gets burned for me, and is on my ipod, just lies. I need to listen to the awful radio jockeys on my way to work so I can feel superior.
7. If a book isn't working for you, do you hang on hoping for redemption or bail out?
I used to hang on. I'm less patient now.
8. Is it easy for you to admit when you're wrong? Let's be honest here.
Heh. No. I'm wrong a lot. In my head I know when I am, but I have the streak of a mule.
9. Do you think fame is a useful tool or more trouble than it's worth? If it came knocking on your door, would you open it?
I'm too lazy to be famous for anything. Although for one afternoon, I could be a celebrity. I'd like to see myself dressed down, wearing shades, shunning the paparazzi, doing a Julia Roberts; sheepishly coming out of Hugh Grant's apartment in Notting Hill. Other than which, opening the door is not for me. No, really!
10. Fill in the blank. I wish my parents had not __________.
waited so long to have my brother and I? At this rate, they'll be 80 before they see their first grand kid.
1. What one material thing are you hoping/ scoping to inherit?
2. You're driving. It's great weather. Attractive member of opposite sex in expensive car looks at you and half-smiles. You're in a relationship. Do you return the look and half-smile back?
3. Can't smell or can't taste? For six months, and if you had to chose, would you rather lose your sense of smell or not be able to taste anything?
4. Pick a situation
a. You're 42. Would you rather go without sex for three years and win a lottery after that, enabling you to never have to work again? Or
b. Get twice the lottery money now (at 42) but have your partner sleep with your boss?
5. What's a quicker turn off, bad pronunciation or maroon lipstick?
6. Would you rather your kid turn out to be a nymphomaniac or gay?
(For my amusement, please answer in the format: I would rather my kid be ---)
7. For which one thing have you not forgiven your mother?
8. Would you rather go bald or lose your front tooth?
9. Your sibling is sleeping with your married close friend. Who do you go to first, sibling or married close friend?
10. When was the last time you cried that wasn't while watching a movie?
Go on now, you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, so help you God.
No one's stopping you from comment-answering, even though I tag just
The Age of Aquarius
The Rest is Silence
The Truth About Nobody
The Bald Guy
Here's what you do: Copy paste these questions, answer them, in turn make up yours and pass on the tag.